Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Palestine"


first off, I feel like this comic is quite different from the others that we've read. I do like how it's set in a different atmosphere and environment than something I would normally read about. I don't know a whole lot about the Jewish/Palestinian/Arab (?) situation (surprise!...lol) but reading about something and somewhere different is refreshing. I understand that the author is a journalist, and you can definetly pick up on that in certain areas, such as pages 41-50. It resembles more of a newspaper/magazine article here than it does a comic or graphic novel. (which all the text was quite time consuming and honestly, not fun.) I also feel like the panels, and even the plot of the story is very unorganized, kind of like the notes of a journalist before his finished article or story. But, for some reason, teh way he tells the story is not like a journalist. He's not very unbiased in certain situations and toward different groups. And honestly, for some reason I havent figured out yet, I find myself not liking the autho/narrator at all. I dont know but I fnd him rude and jsut not very nice.
ps....I added a comic at the top to indicate the sort of violence and its unrealness that some moments in the book represent in this place.....

No comments: